Monday, September 21, 2009

Sitting on the Fence

Nathan is going through a stage where he loves me. He loves me so much that if he can be with me and he's not with me he is screaming bloody murder. If we sitting together as a family and Darryl takes him to change his bum he screams. If he sees someone else who takes care of him other then me, he runs to me and clings to me.

Mostly I don't mind this stage. But it is starting to effect my sleep. Last night I slept in a bed with him for most of the night. His crying keeps Darryl awake and Darryl needs his sleep. Besides I don't really like to let him cry. I know this stage will go by soon enough. But I hate to be inconsistent with him as well. How much does consistency really matter? Can I snuggle with him on the nights I've had enough sleep and let him cry the nights I am going crazy? Like I said I know this is just a stage and will be over soon, but it's hard to know which side of the fence to jump off to, or if I should keep sitting....

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

No comments: