Monday, September 21, 2009

Monthly Newsletter: Month Forty Nine

Dear Lucas,

This month has had a couple of big milestones for you and I couldn't be more proud of you. When I think about what a great job you are doing it makes my heart beam. Now that you are out doing activites without your mom around it's nice to watch you and see what a great kid you are.


First is swimming lessons. We've started it a couple of weeks ago. It was our first "unparented" thing. You are really great at it. There are a couple of boys in your class who goof off and don't want to be there. But you listen to your teacher and are respectful of the rules and the other kids. You may give dirty looks to the bad kids when they splash you, but you understand it's the teacher's job to reprimand them.


The other major thing is preschool. Again I am so proud of you. You were a bit unsure this whole summer about school and your teachers. But I knew you were ready for it and you are doing excellent. The teacher tells us what a nice boy you are everytime Darryl picks you up. Preschool is helping your learn new songs and practice your coloring. You are doing a great job.

The other great thing that happened this month was that Grammie came out to visit. You are at a great age and she had lots of fun with you. I would nap and you and her would hang out together. It's nice that even though she lives far away you can still have fun with her.



Physcially you are doing well too. We bought some real golf clubs with your birthday money and you used them so much you got blisters. You are also enjoying throwing the football and the frisbee. You are also climbing on everything. It is getting to be too much as you are getting to big to jump off furniture.

You are growing up, which I know is obvious, but it became more and more apparent this month. More and more you are willing to go play on your own. You are becoming more and more independant. When I am around I can keep you in line and help you learn, but when I'm not there I'm glad to see what a good kid you are.



love mommy.

1 comment:

Goofball said...

wow, what great fun developments. You must be such a proud mommy!