Thursday, September 11, 2008

Blessed

This evening my parents came over to help put Lucas down and as usual stayed for a cup of tea and dessert. My mom has been sick and we were busy last weekend, and before that we were Ontario. So our usual weekly visits have been few and far between in the last couple of weeks.

Tonight it was great. I am so blessed to have really great parents. We spent an hour and a half talking about life and love. Darryl sticks around and participates as well. We have these great conversations, they are so insightful and wise. The conversations moves from stocks and iphones to being a teenager and going to university. They make me feel like my opioions are important, but also try to open my eyes to new things. They are the best teachers someone could ask for in life.

I did miss them, I am so blessed to feel that way about them.

Jenn

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks, that was sweet, we too enjoyed our visit. It amazing how quickly time passes. Your father and I are also blessed to have both an amazing daughter and son in law. I think that is wonderful that we are able to sit down and have these nice visits together.
Love you both

Susan said...

OOPs and love the boys too!!!!!!!!!!