Saturday, July 05, 2008

Stages of Marriage

I was just over at Dutch Blitz reading her post on marriage, which I totally agree with. Then last week I was watching Will Smith on Ellen and he was talking about divorce and how it is just not an option and I agree with that too. Darryl and I are bot lucky to have had examples of good marriages from both of our parents. But for us, divorce is just not a option, so we are going to be together no matter what, we better make the best of it.

That being said as I grow up some of my ideals of marriage change, which I'm sure if a part of growing up. I remember one set of my grandparents use to sleep in different beds. I thought it was strange and I thought, can they really have a good marriage if they can't share a bed. Although one night I slept with my grandma and she snored so loud the light would shake beside the bed. I got not sleep. So maybe that's a good reason why they don't sleep in the same bed.

Currently Darryl and I are going through a stage where we don't always sleep in the same bed. Having a little baby sometimes it's easier for me to sleep in the guest bed with him. I usually start off in our room, but at some feeding during the night I'm too tired to sit up so I take him into the guest bed with me and we sleep. A couple of years ago I would have been fretting that our marriage is going down hill or we are in trouble, but I know that we're not. It's just what is easier for this stage in our life. When you take out divorce as ever being an option, you know that things will go back to being great again, he's all I've got, so I'm going to make the best of it.

But it is interesting how marriage has it's stages.

Till Tomorrow....... Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you and Will Smith are blessed that you have not seen all sides of life yet.
Pop