Today Canada turns 141, yeah! I think we live in a great country, here's my top ten reasons why:
1. 12 months of maternity leave =). Love being at home nurturing my baby for his first year.
2. Tim Hortons: When ever I leave this country it's one of the first things I look for in the airport. Although in Ontario the TIm Hortons doesn't take interact, so sometimes all I can afford is a small hot chocolate. Tim Hortons in Alberta takes debit
3. The people: generally Canadians are so helpful and kind. Of course there are some mean and bad ones, but generally very nice and helpful.
4. Tetley Tea: I take my favorite tea with me when I leave the country
5. Healthcare: I love that you can go anywhere in this country and be taken care of. I love it, you don't have to fight with companies to pay for your care.
6. Multiculturasim: Although I love Canada I do love to go on vacation. I do love that you can get any style of food in this city/country, from Indian, Chinese, Viatinemese
7. 4 Seasons: Although I complain about the snow come March (or May here in Alberta). I don't think I could live anywhere that didn't have 4 seasons.
8. Hockey: Most any Canadian can talk some hockey talk. It unites us. Go Flames Go!
9. Barenaked Ladies: Sarah McLachlan, Chantal Kreviauk, Sam Roberts, Great Big Sea, Jann Arden, Bryan Adams, Alanis Morrisette, Amanda Marshall, Randy Bachman... Need I say more, we make great music
10. Ice Wine: The Okanogan makes really great ice wine.
Till Tomorrow... eh