Monday, February 04, 2008

Crazy Neighboors, Weekend Highlights

After working with a dimwit on Friday night I came home and went to bed, only to wake up an hour later to a kid who was coughing so much he couldn't catch his breath which made him cough even more, which made it worse. I felt horrible because I couldn't remember is it best to bring them out in the cold or put them in a warm shower with steam. The way I got him calmed down was by watching his new favorite TV show, Little Einstiens.

Afterwards I decided to sleep beside him, just to keep an ear on his breathing. He did cough, and still seems to cough a little at night still, but that night at about 5am Lucas wakes me up with his coughing and I can't fall back asleep, all I can hear is boom, boom, boom through the wall. There I go with my crazy hair at 5am knocking at the neighbors door, turn your music down, people are trying to sleep. I am old, who can stay up till 5am?!? I do hope they move soon...... maybe I should by a jack hammer and run it this summer, will that encourage them after parting all night.

Sunday I went to a baby shower, it was good to see a bunch of ladies from our old street (although many of them don't live there anymore) and nice talk mommy for a bit. Although I still feel a little self concious around them. Sometimes I feel way older then my age and other times I feel immature. Still good, just an interesting observation.

Came home watched the Superbowl, glad the Giants won, share the Superbowl wealth I say. Tom Brady and the Patriots don't need another ring.

Probably the best thing about the weekend, and most weekends is that Darryl is home with Lucas and I. It's great to listen to them playing, listening to Darryl and Lucas laughing, listening to Darryl teaching Lucas stuff. It's the greatest to be part of a family.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

hope Lucas is all better again

Darryl has always seemed to me to be a good daddy :)

Jen

Goofball said...

damn neighbours. :(

I hope Lucas gets better soon. Enjoy your next weekends !!! ...and of course the weekdays in between as well with lots of interesting work without nitwits :p.


take care Jenn!

Sheryl said...

Oh girl, our lives are so similar right now! Hope Lucas gets better very soon.

Allie said...

Hmm ... I say that you can get even with them by recording your newborn crying along with Lucas. Crank it on high and let them think that this will continue 24/7

Sorry to hear about Lucas - hope the little guy can fight this cough off!!