Thursday, August 02, 2007

The End of An Era

About 3 years ago I was visiting a student in Red Deer and alot of the technologists there had a new superlight shoe that they loved. They were called Holey Soles. They were a shoe that was orginally designed for kayakers becuase they float so well in the river. When I was looking for a pair I went to Mountain Equipment Co-op and looked in their kayaking section for them. I acutally found my first pair of holey soles at a purfied water store. I LOVED them. They were the most comfortable shoes I had ever owned.

Of course over the last year or so everyone has come to know about Crocs, Dawgs or Holey Soles, even Lucas has a pair. I am quite a fan of these shoes, even though everyone says they are ugly, I don't really mind them. Well my beloved first pair of Holey soles, were left out in the sun and got all deformed. I wore them for an hour or so last week and they were rubbing against my feet, hurting the tops of them. I tried on some new holey soles, because they are a Canadian company, I wanted to give my money to a Canadian company, but the new Holey Soles are more narrow and did not fit me as well. Crocs are wider, so I bought myself a new pair. Chocolate Brown, my favorite color. They are very comfy and have a much better grip then my pair of 3 year old ones.

Although I'm said about my lovely navy blue holey, which started my love affair with foam shoes.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!

sari said...

My Five has Holey Soles. His are wider though. He has a shamrock pin on one and a yin/yang for the other, though I have to replace the yin/yang because he lost it at Legoland recently (that didn't go over well at all).

PS I am all about comfortable shoes. Do they make your feet hot or are they ok?