Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Bad Thing About Staying at Home

So this morning after breakfast I opened the door to let the animals and children play outside. Quickly all the animals headed to the same place in the yard and there lay this.



it was moving around, but not running away like a mouse normally would. So I wasn't sure was it really a mouse, just delerious, or was it someone's pet hamster. I am a city girl, not use to mice, more use to hamsters. I quickly got all the animals back inside and prayed that the little animal would run out of my yard. Lucas and I then headed to the zoo to see large, not in my yard animals.





When we got home the little mouse was dead in the yard. What to do, I don't know. I've never had to get rid of an animal before, so I did what any grown woman would do and called my mommy. I did what she said and when Lucas went down for a nap and pick up it's little rigamortis body and dumped it in a field near our house. While carrying him I told him to rest in peace and please ask his friend not to die in my lawn.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn



4 comments:

Susan said...

I hope you used a shovel to pick it up. Great Zoo pics

Mom

Anonymous said...

:) your so caring Jenn
Ive had to get rid of mice bodies before I dump them in the trash can

Lori Aitken said...

Oh my God, Jenn! I laughed SOOOOO hard when reading today's blog that I nearly peed my pants! It must be the week for rodents because we went through the very same thing earlier this week with a mouse in our front yard. It was probably injured but we decided to let nature take its course. We checked on it a couple of times but then in the morning it was gone. Whew!
Of course, I don't like the thought of what probably happened to a helpless mouse overnight but I resigned myself to the fact that nature takes its course.

Thanks for a great blog today!
Lori

sari said...

Poor little guy.

I love the gorilla, they're my favorites at the zoo.