Friday, July 27, 2007

Summer Reading.....

A couple of weeks ago Tammy gave me this book. I don't read a ton of books in the winter but in the summertime when vacation comes my way, I love reading. Especially when someone introduces to me to such a great author.


It was the best book I've read in such a long time. Probably since the Time Traveller's Wife. Ever since then I have been a reading-aholic. The Sister's Keeper is about a family who discovers their two year old daughter has a rare form of leukemia. They have another daughter who is the perfect genetic match for the daughter who has leukemia. The book is about the trials and tribulations of what happens when the daughter says she doesn't want to be a donater anymore. It is so well written and will make you be so greatful for health. Oh and you'll cry ALOT.

So after I was done that I decided to go out and buy more of Jodi Picoult's books. The one I finished last night is this one.



Also a phenomenal book. Not quite as good as my sister's keeper, but also excellent. It is about an Amish family, who finds a dead baby in their barn. There is a trial (as there often are in her books), about who killed the baby, an 18 year old Amish girl is the defendant. It is a very interesting look into a group of peopl (the Amish) who I know very little about it. Another great book.

What have your been your favorite books been this summer? Has anyone read these books?

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I have heard wonderful things about these books. Guess I better get my lazy body to the library!

Anonymous said...

I have read one of Jodi Picoult's books
My Sister’s keeper
it was good
I have a reading log on my blog you can check out what Ive been reading this year :)
Enjoy your reading

Goofball said...

thank's for sharing that with us. I have never heard of Jodi Picoult but she sounds like a writer that I would love.

Have added that on my "wanna read" list. That has already the Time Traveller's Wife on it as well and also the Kite's runner from Hoesseini that would be very good.

Allie said...

Thanks for the tip Jenn! I am a serious read-aholic so I will definitely look these ones up. Right now I am almost finished a booked called "Wiped; Life with a Pint Sized Dictator" It is a humorous memoir written by a mom. You are more than welcome to have it when I am finished.

I have a LONG list of books which I was planning on blogging about sometime in the near future. Again, if any of the books that I write about are of interest to you, you are more than welcome to them. It is a great way to recycle. :)

Jenna said...

Gosh, I haven't done any reading in so long, but I am about to get back into it. My Sister's Keeper sounds like an amazing book. Thanks for the tip!