Monday, July 09, 2007

9 and 10

I don't know why I am so crazy about Lucas having a relationship with Darryl's family but it is very important to me. It's one of the main reasons I started this blog and one of the reasons we videoconference with the family once a week, is my need for Lucas to have a relationship with Darryl's family.

Going to Ontario this week was a great opportunity for Lucas to get to know his family and he totally did. Even today driving home in the car Lucas wants to go to the pool. Uncle Ian too, Lori too. Sweet that even though he hasn't seen them in a day he still wants to include them. It was great because Lori would come in and hang out with Lucas while he was tubbing and Kenzie was always showering him with kiss and hugs. Ian taught him all about John Deere and that "Nothing Runs Like a Deer". They recognized that they only had a week to spend with him. I think they enjoyed having a two year old around again.



The other interesting thing about going back to Ontario is the feeling that you are in the Twilight Zone. Things are familiar, but not really. I saw movie stores or gardening stores, that I remember going to, but don't necessarily remember when or why. Also everything seems a little bit smaller, even the roads seemed more narrow. We went back to the beach were I spent lots of summers as a kid. It seemed all grown up now. There's a bar on the beach and a big fence where the "public" can't walk. I guess the important things stayed the same. My favorite restaurant and family. Driving around roads seem familiar but not like I know them. A weird feeling.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems so funny to me that Darryl is so much more reserved normally. He was the typical little brother who always knew how to push my buttons and get a rise out of me and among friends, he is quite the entertainer! I guess we all have 2 sides though and it's nice when we can bring out the different sides of one another.

Lucas, I hope we can talk on the phone each week or video conference (on our own or join Grammy on Sundays). Now that you know Mackenzie, Uncle Ian and I a little better, I want to make sure that we can stay fresh in your mind until we can afford to come and visit you in your new house.

Love y'all ("y'all in honour of the Calgary Stampede!),

Lori