Friday, April 27, 2007

Spring Has Sprung

Well it's spring here in Calgary. The weather is great, although we have had rain last week, it is beautiful and sunny. I have had kind of an emotional week. But am feeling very optimistic today. Maybe it's becuase the sun is shining or maybe it is because I am an eternal optimist.

Things at work were looking bad, but I've gotten good news today so all the craziness will get better. There are good people out there, hopefully we can recruit them.

Lucas, Grandma, Oma, Opa and I had a great morning at the zoo. We saw lots of beautiful animals. The mountains looked great.





My sister is coming to visit soon and I love her and need her help to buy new jeans.

I love the good weather. I can't help but smile when the sun is shining.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we're all going through similar things this spring.
Ian's company was sold. Thankfully the new owner secured a 10 year contract with their biggest account AND they actually want to expand out to western Canada so thankfully, we still have some job security for the next decade.
My employer just announced 17,000 job cuts in North America and a further 9500 jobs being outsourced to cheaper locations. Thankfully, I was spared but other employee's from my department in Burlington and Toronto all lost their jobs effective November 1st. On top of this, the company just announced this week that we're moving to newly renovated space in Galleria in February 2008. We're overwhelmingly relieved that they decided to stay (and expand) in London because there was consideration of moving the London operation to another city.
We had spring weather last weekend and then rain all this week but the long range forcast shows temperatures in the teens and sun for the next 2 weeks. It's amazing what sunshine will do for the psyche.

Hang in there...
Lori

Allie said...

The sunshine can do amazing wonders can't it? I find that it makes a huge difference for my son too! He is a much happier kid knowing that he can play outside for the day. And that of course, makes a happy Mom for it burns off a tremendous amount of energy off of him. :)

Blog said...

Oh! I love this weather, too! Afternoon walks AFTER NAP? Sweet. The swing? the parks? So much to do, so little time! And, so much smiling.... :) Love it.

Anonymous said...

cool pleased you enjoyed yourselves