Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Life List

So last year I heard Ellen using the term "life list" basically it's a premise lots of people use but to have a list of things you'd like to do before you die. Over the last week a couple of things have triggered my thinking about this idea. Here are a couple of things on my list:

1. Own a convertible. Lesley from Life at the Becks was talking about getting a convertible. That is something that is definitly on my list of things I'd like to do in my life.

2. Travel to China: That is a country I've always wanted to go to. I think the culture there is amazing.

3. Play a Barenaked Ladies song on the guitar. A couple of years ago Darryl bought me a guitar for my birtday. I have put it aside since having Lucas, but is something I want to get back to. Especially now with the Bathroom Sessions.

4. See a Broadway Show. I love musical and would love to go and see a great musical in New York City

5. Read famous books: Last night I bought the book: To Kill A Mockingbird, becaseu I've never read it.

6. Complete a triathalon: This is kind of a lofty goal for me, but I love swimming and biking, so if I could get on board with the running. I may just be able to do it. Lucas and I were watching someone swimming laps today and it inspired me.

7. Life in another country: Another one that may be unlikely, but I have lots of years to life, so you never know. For the moment I'm thinking France or Italy. But anywhere would be fun.

8. Serve food to the hungry: I want to take my family and serve food in a soup kitchen one day a month for years.

9. Eat sushi in Japan. Maybe I could combine this with number 7 and number 10.

10. Do something good in another country. Whether it be giving books and toys to kids in Africa or building a school in Mexico, or teaching english in Japan.

11. Raise well rounded children. This is obviously the most important one, and the least about me. But I would like to do lots of these things with my kids, especially the traveling.

12. Take my mother, father, sister, Darryl and children to Paris and Rome. This is going to be hard one because this is not something they are interested in, but my parents have introduced me to so many great things, I would like to introduce them to something great.

13. Have these jobs: airplane stewardess (although I know that's not the proper term), work as a waitress, deliver flowers, work at a wine shop.

Are any of these on your life list? Do you have a life list? Have you done any of these and was it great?

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

7 comments:

sari said...

I am personally only a listmaker for immediate things (don't forget to pay this bill, get bread from the store). Other than that, I'm not really a planner.

I like your list, though. It's good stuff. :-)

Anonymous said...

in respond to your goals

1. yahooooooooo then we wont see you for dust!!!

3. I use to play the guitar but havent played it properely for several years due to the kids


4. I love musicals and stage shows too :)

5. i could never get into that book but ive read some great books this year

6. I use to like swimming bit hard with an active toddler

10. Ive had thoughts for years about going to Chna and working in their orpanages dont know whether ill ever do it though

13. I use to have a friend who was a airplane stewardess she quit cause she was away from her hubby a lot

Lesley said...

I'm still lovin' the convertible idea BUT it would only seat 4 and if we have more babes it wouldn't fit all of us...sigh...that's the 'practical Aaron' talking again
When I lived in Banff I was a waitress and I LOVED IT!!! I don't know if it was the when or the where or what but it was a great time.
I love to read anything, I've read a lot of classics and am feeling the urge to go pick up To Kill A Mockingbird, too.
We moved a lot as kids but never out of the country. I'd love to travel the world but would probably be just as happy to expose my family to our fab country. It's definitely an attainable goal for me!
Great list, I think it's a good idea too. My mom has recently done a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days - or something like that. She's keeping track and updates her progress on her blog. Not sure I could think of 101 things...

Jenna said...

Great list, Jenn.

I have not done anything on your list yet, but I definitely would agree that raising well rounded kids would be on mine. You've inspired me...I have to think about my list...

Anonymous said...

To Kill a Mockingbird, eh? Did you decide to read it because of that Lucas song...the mockingbird one where it includes Boo Radley? Well, that book is ok, but my fav "classic" would have to be Frankenstein. (It's not Hallowe'en goryness at all, but it's about the way ppl treat others based on their physical appearance and how it can really affect someone's actions). Let me know when you're ready to borrow it!
LEX

Jenn said...

Thanks for your comments everyone. Lex, the book came from that song. I was sad I didn't even know the reference (although glad you did)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I don't usually get a chance to watch Ellen so I've never heard of a life list. Good idea! It'll take me a while to give it some thought, but once I've got it figured out, I'll let you know!

Lori