Monday, April 23, 2007

Earth Day

Well yesterday was earth day so there has been more publicity on things to do to save the earth. Here are a couple of things I'll start doing.

1. Buy organic. I always thought organic was just healthier but it also prevents more toxins from entering the environment.

2. Drive the speed limit. Driving slower is better for the environment. This is a hard one for me, but more convincing now that I know how it's helping the trees.

3. Use cloth bags rather then paper. I usually shop at Superstore where we use big boxes, but I'm going to try to use them more.

4. Not taking ATM recipets to tell you how much is left in your account.

"If everyone left their receipts in the machine, it would save a roll of paper more than 2 billion feet long—enough to circle the equator more than 15 times,"


A couple of simple things to keep in mind for earth day.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn,

I can't remember whether you have No Frills grocery stores out there or not but if you do, they sell canvas bags for $2. They're a good size. I used to buy one each time I did my grocery shopping and after a couple of months I had almost a dozen of them. I now use them for all kinds of shopping (not just groceries) and I also transport stuff to and from work with them.

It's nice not having so many plastic bags in the house.

Lori

Lesley said...

Good tip on not taking a receipt at the ATM, I usually do although I think it's out of habit instead of necessity. Thanks for the good advice!