Friday, April 20, 2007

Observation

Sometimes it's great to just watch your kids. Interaction is so important for them, but I have been so caught up with work and trying to multi-task my life, that I haven't spent a lot of time observing Lucas. Well today I did and was so happy. I attempt to be a great mother and talk to him a lot but I forgot about the listening. As my friend Pat says, you only have one mouth, but two ears, two eyes.

So while watching Lucas today I saw that he is learning right from wrong. He was using a pen to color on a little piece of paper. He picked up the pen and went to go draw on the wall. Then said no to himself. I was also watching him read books. I always read books to him. Little did I realize that he can learn so much by silently reading to himself. He'll say the words of things he sees on the page, soccer ball, swings, dog, uh oh man tripped, fire, wee-wee, fire truck, slide.

In some ways I can't believe that a year ago, he couldn't really say anything. He could crawl or walk. It just doesn't seem possible that now he can jump with both feet and say so many words.

If you have kids, watch them today.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Jenn!
Thanks for you work, is very good.
have a good weekend

Anonymous said...

Kids are amazing
I often marvel at the way Daniel has gone babyhood lieing there unable to do anything much to a walking, talking active toddler in just 17.5 months

Anonymous said...

sometimes you can write the most amazing things

sari said...

I love the funny things my kids say and do - they have a whole different way of looking at things, and I love to see things the way they do.

Sounds like you had a great day!