Thursday, July 27, 2006

Yeah Lesley!

Well today we went to visit our dayhome so it wasn't a completly strange place for Lucas. And although I think he is still quite attached to his mommy, it made me feel much better about the whole situation. Lesley (soon to be Lucas's second mom=)) is very good with all the kids plus we have alot of the same views on child rearing. I am feeling more and more confident about leaving him, although I'm sure it will be very difficult.

He did not go down well again last night. Ahhhh, thanks goodness I have Darryl to help weather this storm. I really appricate everyone's input on what worked for them and their children. We are trying to change his bedtime routine to be more like naps, so hopefully even if he is awake when it's bedtime he will just play, similar to what he does for naps. I also plan on not letting him sleep more the an hour and a half rather then 2 hours for his afternoon nap. Hopefully these things will help and by the time we become consistent with them he may be out of this "phase".

Well I think that's all for today. Here's a funny joke

The Wrath of a Woman

A woman Police officer pulls over a speeding car. The Officer says, "I clocked you at 80 mph. sir."

The driver says, "Gee, officer, I had it on cruise control at 60, perhaps your radar needs calibrating."

Not looking up from her knitting the wife says sweetly, "Now don't be silly dear, you know that this car doesn't have cruise control."

As the officer writes out the ticket, the driver looks over at his wife and growls, "Can't you keep your mouth shut for once?"

The wife smiles demurely and says, "You should be thankful your radar detector went off when it did."

As the officer makes out the second ticket for the illegal radar detector unit, the man glowers at his wife and says through clenched
teeth, Dam*it woman, can't you keep your mouth shut."

The officer frowns and says, "And I notice that you're not wearing your seat belt, sir. That's an automatic $75 fine."

The driver says, "Yeah, well you see officer, I had it on, but took it off when you pulled me over so that I could get my license out of my back pocket."

The wife says, "Now dear you know very well that you didn't have your seat belt on. You never wear your seat belt when you're driving."

And as the police officer is writing out the third ticket the driver turns to his wife and barks, "WHY DON'T YOU SHUT TO HE*L UP??"

The officer looks over at the woman and asks, "Does your husband always talk to you this way, Ma'am?"

Oh heavens no, officer. Only when he's been drinking."


Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Jenna said...

It's always hard leaving your child at a daycare for the first time, but believe me, you will get used to it over time. Plus, I'm guessing you are going to miss him so much that you will enjoy every moment with him so much more. I know I do!

Take care,
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Whether Mackenzie was being babysat by one of her grandmothers, a teenager or at the YMCA daycare, sometimes she would cry when she was dropped off and sometimes she would cry when I picked her up! Imagine, you miss your child dearly all day while you're at work and you wonder what they're up to but when you arrive to pick them up, they don't want to leave because they're having too much fun! It tugs at the heartstrings but it's comforting to know they are enjoying themselves at daycare.

Good luck!
Lori