Monday, July 17, 2006

Monthly Newsletter- Month Eleven

Dear Lucas,

Well here we are one month away from you being one. One! I can't believe I will have made it through a whole year. The last month has been so fun. So fun in fact I want to say slow down! Don't grow up so fast. I can't believe you are so close to being a year old. Do what your mom says and slow down.

We took you to Kelowna this month, which we all loved, but of course it caused a blip in your sleeping. So when we brought you home we had to rock you to sleep the first couple of nights. I remember you lying in my arms thinking how big you were already. How much my little baby has grown. I'll say it again, slow down, this is going by to fast. I'm posting a then and now picture. Look at how much you have changed.




This month you became a good crawler. You are up on all fours and move around with enough speed that the animals pay attention. Sometimes you still do the army crawl, but more often it's a 'real boy' crawl. That real boy crawl has also helped you to pull yourself up on things. Which now happens all the time. I walk into your room and you are standing in your crib. Or I come out from the bathroom and you are standing up at the toliet. Which I have to be more careful of because you have learned how to open the toliet seats and play in the water. But really standing at everything. No walking yet, which is just fine with me. Like I said 'slow down'



You have also become a talker. Of course I knew this would happen, you come from two loud families, you're bound to get it from somewhere. Go, go go go you chant. Or ka,ka, ka, ka. or bhhh, bhh, bhh. You now notice airplanes and birds in the sky and point to them. Or lights and fans in every place we go. You like smiling at strangers and then tilting your head like you are playing shy. You enjoy watching people and learning about the world wherever we go. You continue to love Emma, especially when she eats from your hand, or you get to climb up the stairs towards her. She is great entertainment for you.





Well pumpkin I think that is all for this month. Next month will be a doozy. You'll start daycare (which I am really stressing about). But I'm sure it will be harder for you then for me.

I love you so much. Don't grow up too fast.

love mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to beleive, time does go by quickly. What's that our boy has on his forhead? Looks like a worm,

Jenn said...

It's chicken, not a worm

Anonymous said...

Great eleven month blog entry. Wow he is really a little man now. When you see that early picture and the wonderful candid shots of recent days, he is such a little man. His Grammy and Grandad love to read the blog and watch him grow. Hopefully we can video this Sunday. Have been away for a couple of them. Bye for now and kiss the little man. Grammy