Monday, July 03, 2006

Mommies Intution

Well Lucas is sick. It's different becuase it is a different sick then the only other time he has been sick. The other time his nose ran, he sneezed, he had all the typical signs. This time I have no idea what's wrong, only that he's sick. He has been running a fever of +100 for almost 24 hours. I have been giving him tylenol, which seems to help a bit with his mood. When he doesn't have the tylenol he is crying. I'm wondering if it's a sore throat....... He is drinking some of his bottle most times we offer it to him. Never all of it, and hasn't eaten any solid foods today. It's amazing how you just have to trust your instincts when it comes to this. Like this morning he slept and slept and eventually I thought it was right to wake him. Why I thought it was right I don't know. I don't know if it was a bout of paranoia, oh my god what if I can't wake him up. Or if it was my gut telling me what to do. It is good advice for mothers. Trust your instincts, usually they are right.

Anyway he is napping now hopefully things will be better when he wakes up.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn,

Sorry to hear about Lucas. There's probably a bug going around. It seems like most of the people I talk to are trying to fight off something....even me. Anyway, you are such a great Mom! I know that you will get through this even though it's the hardest thing to face right now. I will be praying for him to get better :)

Kristine

Jenna said...

I hope that Lucas feels better soon. I've got a sick one on my hands, too...something must be going around. Hang in there.

Jenna