Friday, July 07, 2006

Great Things

Well today was a great day. Now I don't know if I would have said that at any other point today other then right now. We were wondering all day how Opa's surgery went. This evening at 7:30 the doctors called to say everything went well. It was a routine surgery and it was a triple bypass. Oma and I both breathed a sigh of relief. Oma is currently on the phone with all the wonderful friends and family she has to let them know the good news. Of course you are always worried that things won't go well and the phone didn't leave Oma's side once all day. It's so good to see people love each other that much. I can only hope the same for my own marriage.

Oma did save the day earlier. Lucas woke up as fussy as he went down. I gave him some more cough sirup and he had a short morning nap. I thought a change of scenery may do him some good. So we headed to the beach. He was quite fussy there as well. Grrrrr..... says Mommy. So bring him back home for some lunch and Oma suggests giving him some tylenol. 10 minutes later it was like he was a new boy. Happy to play independantly, wanted to walk around. So good. The rest of the afternoon he was much easier to deal with. We even headed back to the beach for some fun. He loves watching all the other kids and the birds.

One of the great things about having a child is that you get to relive your childhood and do fun things. Today I put Lucas in the tub and there was so much sand in all his little fat crevices. =). It totally reminds me of playin' in the sand in Port Stanley with Lexie when we were kids. I'm so glad Oma and Opa live here so we are able to give Lucas similar memories.

The pictures are still not loading so I will try to post them later

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you just wish everyone would buy a mac and have a computer that just works and works well.
glad to hear Lucas is feeling better
unknown author

Jenna said...

Isn't it amazing what Tylenol can do for a cranky, sick child? Glad to hear all went well with the surgery, too.

Jenna