Friday, July 14, 2006

The Spirit of Calgary


Although I have been gushing about how much I love Kelowna it is nice to be home, especially to see part of Stampede. Today is the first time I have ventured out of the "towne" since Stampede has started. I forgot how almost everyone wears a cowboy hat.

As I was driving I checked my rear view mirror and there was an older couple driving in the car behind me. The old man was driving and I could barely see his eyes over the steering wheel. What I could see was his big ole cowboy hat. On his lady friend I could only see the big hat.

Later in the same drive I see someone driving a motorcycle with a full size blow up women attached to him.

Although we have yet to go to the grounds, maybe we'll go tommorrow, or maybe not. Things become a little more complicated with Lucas.



But it's still great to be in a city where the spirit is high and the pride is wide for the Calgary Stampede!

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: