Monday, June 28, 2010

Lilith Fair

Yesterday I had the extreme pleasure of attening Lilith Fair. It was a really fun day. We got to hear lots of live music, which is one of my favorite things. I got to spend it with 3 of my favorite ladies and I got to sing and dance my heart out.

They had tents with lots of "good" for the world products. I bought some delicious fair trade chocolate and got some free tampons.

We enjoyed Kate Miller-Hiedke and her song about not wanting to be friends on facebook with your ex boyfriends. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, were also outstanding and loud, much louder then expected. Ash Koley was also a really good act and although we were far away we were bopping to her songs.

After that we headed to the main stage for Colbie Callait, Erykah Badu (who I didn't really enjoy). Then came Sheryl Crow. She was really good live. Her son came up on stage and was dancing with her and it was so cute. She has so many good songs and sang alot of them.


After Sheryl was Sugarland. I'm not a big country fan, so I wasn't sure about this act, but they put on a much better show then I expected. She had so much energy and could really sing (even though I'm not crazy about her twang). Very good live



Lastly was Sarah, and oh Sarah she has such a beautiful voice. I was sad that there was a strict curfew and her set was short, but the songs she did sing were so lovely.


One of the other really great parts of it all was being with 3 of my favorite women. We had such a good time and lots of laughs.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Susan said...

I had a great time too Thanks it was a nice Mothers Day gift from you and Lex

Goofball said...

Is that Sarah McLachlan? She's not really known in Europe but for as far as I've heard her, I can believe her concert must be pretty cool

beth - total mom haircut said...

Hmmm....I've been trying to decide if I need to go to Lilith when it comes around here. Unfortunately the line-up for my spot isn't amazing. There were some artists I really would have wanted to see but they are only on at specific locations. Sarah's always great though. I remember when I saw her back when I was...sheesh...16 or 17?