Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Body Worlds

Last week I had the pleasure of going to the BodyWorlds exhibit here at the Calgary Science Center. It was a really amazing exhibit. If you haven't heard anything about it, it's an anatomy exhibit where they "plastinate" dead people and demonstrate different parts of their anatomy. It's neat because each body is giving a name based on the position it's placed in.

For example this "guy" would be called the skateboarder

And this guy might be called the "gymnast".

I also really liked this one

Then on a board beside it they would show you where all of the muscles that are well demonstrated are.

There are also different body parts demonstrating disease. For example there is a healthy lung, a smokers lung and a lung with coal miners disease.

As well as being impressed with the exhibit I was also really impressed with myself. I know alot about anatomy. It is part of my job, but still I know a lot of anatomy.

If you ever get the chance to see this exhibit and are interested in the body at all I would highly recommend it.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts about taking kids? ABC wants to see it, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't be a bit too much for her. She does love that kind of thing but I don't know. Thoughts? Did you take your boys?

Goofball said...

oh I've seen it a few years ago in Brussels. Very fascinating, very educating too.

Deena Marie Fusco said...

It looks amazing, we are definitly going while its here!