Saturday, November 21, 2009

Melded

When you read someone's blog you feel like you get to know them. You become friends with the people's blogs you read. Truthfully as this is a public forum very few people share everything. I have lots of crazy things that happen that never make it into the these pages. So no matter how much I feel I really get to know my blogger friends, you wonder how it will go when you become real life friends with them.


Today Lesley, Allie and I all met up and took our kids (or the kids we had at the time) to the zoo. I've met Allie in real life before but kind of by accident. It was great because in real life she is just as kind and friendly and funny and a great mom as she writes on her blog. It was like our afternoon at the zoo was time spent with old friends. It's the only time I've ever been to the zoo and not seen the giraffes or the gorillas. We were having so much fun just talking that the animals were kind of in the background.



The other part that really amazed me was how well all the kids got along as well. I am kind of picky when it comes to people, and I think it has kind of worn off on Lucas. But it was like the parents melded and so the kids melded. Lucas and Kaelen got along so well, that they were both upset when they had to leave each other.





Thanks Lesley and Allie for a great afternoon with friends.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Lesley said...

It was rather fantastic, wasn't it. I wish my boys had been there, there's always next time :o)

Goofball said...

I wish i could have been there in such good company :).