Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Post Where I Brag about the AWESOME thing I get to do

So 18 days until I go on a cruise with.......



(wait for it)....



the Barenaked Ladies


oh yeah and don't let me forget Sarah McLachlan

and Great Big Sea

and Sloan and the Weakerthans and Mountain Goats and about 8 other bands.

Isn't that AWE-SOME! It's called Ships and Dip. Sixthman is the company which organizes cruises with artists. There will be concerts every night and there is a headling show which we get to go to one night that is Sarah and the Barenaked Ladies.

Tammy and I booked it last year and we can't wait. As it approaches I am getting more and more excited. There is a 1920's theme night and I got a great flapper dress for it. Kind of like this one but in black. I'll have to check the dollar store for one of those cool feathers.



They are also having a 80's prom night. Tammy and I had so so much fun shopping for the dresses. We started at value village, where we found some of the ugilist dresses ever, then we head off to Winners for some other really crazy stuff. It's kind of similar to this one. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures on the cruise. Oh yeah and Tammy got the matching one in black. Man oh man it was a hilarious shopping trip. Tammy was worried someone was going to call the police becuase they thought we had been drinking....


There is also a geek night.... not sure what I'm going to do for that. Maybe wear my I'm blogging this shirt. Also a camp night. I'll have to find some tube socks and camp shorts for that.

This is going to be the vacation of a lifetime. I am so excited to do it with Tammy, our BNL energy just becomes contagious.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Jealous over here! Those theme nights sound like a lot of fun...and shopping for them. I can't wait to see pics of this!

Lesley said...

That does sound like a lot of fun! I LOVE THEME PARTIES!!!

If it's any help at all I have quite a few feather boas kicking around and about 8 pairs of brand new white knee-high tube socks with burgundy/yellow stripes at the top. Team Crockett had matching tube socks and it was cheaper to order by the dozen...

Alexis said...

Ha Ha ... (wait for it).... Ha!

Nice HIMYM reference!

Goofball said...

wow a lot of themed evenings!

Allie said...

How much fun does that sound?? Ooohhh .... that is so right up my alley, especially with those themed nights! Got extra room in your suitcase for me?

If you and your friend Tammy decide to make this an annual thing, count me in for next year!!

Where is the cruise anyways? Somewhere hot and sunny?

La Petite Chic said...

How fun! We're going on a cruise at the end of the month, but it doesn't come with all of the cool musicians included!! I love the 80's dress too :)