Friday, May 18, 2007

Favorite Song

Lucas's new thing is that whenever he hears a song that he remembers he tells my it's his favorite song. Today we were listening to "Where Does the Good Go" by Tegan and Sara. Fav-ri song, he tells me. It's amazing because he is playing with his toys and stops because it's a tune that he recognizes. We haven't listened to the song in quite a while, but I asked if he listened to at Lesley's house and he nodded.

A couple of nights ago a similar situation happened. We were listening to music and the Coldplay's song " Fix You" came on. When Lucas was a baby we use to play that song to put him to sleep. I remember many nights swaying with him in my arms while we listened to Fix you. My favorite line is " when you feel so tired but you can't sleep". Which always seemed so applicable. We haven't use this song to put Lucas to sleep in months. But even so he remember the song. "Fav-ri song". Amazing to see his memory.

Till Tuesday =)

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I have to say your 21 month newsletter was outstanding! The pictures were gorgeous and it was such fun to read about all of Lucas's recent developments. It makes me even MORE excited about your visit.

As far as music goes, I think it's much like a Mommy's kiss on a "boo-boo"...music has super powers of it's own. It stimulates development of the brain in young children, it soothes us, it gets us excited, it enriches our lives!

If I had to give up either music or television...it would be an easy choice...bye-bye boob tube!

Lori

Anonymous said...

I lovew your newletters they whisper to me of what i have to look forward to in the next few months with Daniel
who btw loves all things boy too