Thursday, May 10, 2007

Book Review

Last week Darryl and I went to Chapters and I read an EXCELLENT short story. I heard about the story a couple of weeks ago when I was on one of my many escapades around Alberta. It was on CBC radio and Sarah Polley was talking about making the book into a movie. It sounded like an excellent movie and I love Sarah Polley from Anne of Green Gables.



When I was at Chapters the other night I saw they had reprinted the book, it was originally called a Bear Came Over the mountain. I said down and spent the hour reading it. The story is both incredibly happy and incredibly sad. It touches close to home for me and Darryl's family. The story is about Grant and Fiona a couple who has been married for a lifetime. Fiona gets Alzheimer's and has to go into a home. The story is about what happens in the home and the process of losing someone you love. Alice Munro is an excellent writer. I have read most of her books. This one touched my heart. I hope it touches you too.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

No comments: