Friday, May 04, 2007

Dampness and Best Buddies

Not alot of people will understand this, but it is Ontario cold here. Not freezing, but so damp. I have the fire on, and am drinking tea. Green Jasmine tea in fact. I feel cold to the core. Ontario cold. Atleast the rain is good for the grass.

Today we had to take Emma to the vet for her yearly shots. I brought some extra toys to entertain Lucas as Emma HATES the vet. I don't use hate very often but that is how she feels. As soon as we walked in the door she was shaking. To keep Lucas happy I asked him to tell her that "It will be okay." So Lucas kept telling her it would be okay. Once we brought Emma in the room and Lucas could see how upset she was, Lucas gave dirty looks to the vet (although the vet still complemented Lucas on how well he could speak). Then when the vet gave the needles to Emma, Lucas started crying and wanted to come up. Although I was so glad that Lucas could feel Emma's pain, there I was trying to balance a dog and a child. The joys of motherhood.

Till Tomorrow (our anniversary)

Jenn

3 comments:

Beck said...

Really? Cold? Here in Northern Ontario, it's sunny and quite pleasant - about 15.
Happy anniversary tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Poor Emma
bless Lucas what a sweetie

sari said...

Happy Anniversary!

I know it's tough with the pets, you always feel sorry for them when they have to have things done.