Sunday, August 08, 2010

Kelowna 2010

Well another summer vacation has come and gone. Whenever coming home from Kelowna I always get the sense that summer is over. Although we still have lots of summer to go, it is still a bit of a let down. This was another successful vacation. Although the weather wasn't as good as it was when we were there a couple of weeks ago, it was still lots of fun. Emma didn't enjoy herself as much as she normally does, but she rolled with the punches. I'll post an update on her tomorrow after we go see the vet.




Here is Emma at the water park. There are lots of big trees there, so she could come with us and sit in the shade.

The yearly picture of the kids on the bear statute.

Lucas, Nathan and I warming up after playing in the water park.
Lucas's favorite thing at the waterpark was the slide. You don't really go that fast, but he loved to do it.

My 3 favorite boys playing in the hot tub.


Oma and Opa have a couple of woodpeckers around there house. I know this may sound crazy, but I don't think I'd ever seen one in real life. Here he is eating ants out of the ground. He was bigger then I expected too.




A couple of picture of Lucas and I in the lake. Lucas continues to be a really good swimmer. Although it took him most of the week to really swim in the cold lake, once he was out there he did a really great job. But then it was fun to go "deep" (with a life jacket on of course.) I love that he loves to swim like his mom does.

We love to go to Kelowna for the beaches and swimming. Here are Lucas and Pop in the midst of playing with a beach ball. One of my favorite memories of Kelowna this year was about my dad. Later in the week, Mom and Dad drove out as they needed to be out of their house for a bit. We were eating lunch out on the deck with them (as we eat every meal outside when we are in Kelowna) and Mom mentioned a time when Lucas cried over the dessert that Mom had made. That made Dad laugh so hard his whole face turned red. We were all laughing so hard at him laughing it was making all of us cry too. It was a funny moment.



Oma and Opa are really great hosts. And luckily they really love us and the boys. Another one of my favorite memories from the trip was one evening we were all sitting around chatting and we were recalling some of the funny stories from when Mom was growing up and Oma and Opa's life here in Canada. Some of those stories are so priceless, they would make a great book.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Deena Marie Fusco said...

Sounds like you had a great family holiday! Sharing memories around a table after dinner is always the best....we did a lot of that too the last couple weeks with family! I also get the feeling that summer is over when we get hom after our Aug. vacation, I feel fall is coming and time to start a new beginning!

Goofball said...

great vacation pictures