Friday, October 10, 2008

Book Review: Kids Books

We have been fortunate enough to get some great books for Lucas lately. I think in another life I could have been a children's librarian (Jenn trivia: I did work in a library when I was a teenager). I love to read books to Lucas, especially when they are melodic. I'll even read a book twice to get the rhyming for it.



The first is one we bought last week called Runaway Pumpkin by Kevin Lewis. It's a good fall book. Not too Halloween-ie. But good for the season. It is about a huge pumpkin that rolls down a hill through a farm. Again nice and methodical and really fun to read.










Next is Wild About Books by Judy Sierra. It is a great read about a librarian starting a library in a zoo. Again very methodical. Plus I really like the pictures in it. Thanks Mom!







Last is my newest favorite Usborne book, Jobs People Do. It is a compilation of 6 of their books about people doing their jobs. It was a great deal 6 stories for 20$. Plus it is very true to life, funny and has different reading levels for different ages. So for Lucas who is still quite young we can just read the largest print, but when he gets older we can go into more depth. If you don't have any Usborne books, I highly recommend them.


Happy Reading...

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

No comments: