Thursday, April 17, 2008

Monthly Newsletter- Month Thirty Two

Dear Lucas,

I kind of feel like we should do something special for your thirty second month birthday. Life here has been more about the baby then about you. Although your dad is been around a lot in the last couple of weeks so you have so enjoyed his company. Plus you have spent lots of time with Grandma and Pop and I think they quite enjoy your entertaining nature. Well that and you love to run with them, so they get lots of exercise. You have so enjoyed having your dad around. You learn alot from him and he is willing to play all the boy things with you, including your new favorite thing - Hot Wheels. You have gone from being my boy to liking both dad and I, which makes me both a little happy and a little sad. It's one of those things that you don't appricaite until it's gone. I wish I would have spent more time enjoying just having one child. I didn't know how much it would change adding a new person into our lives.



It funny because life continues to be great with you. Some months I think this is the best and then the next month gets even better. You get smarter and smarter and most of the time I can't believe it. You can idenify at random all of your alphabet. You know your right and left. Although have no interest in potty training. Sometimes you call yourself a big boy and other times you tell me you are not a big boy.



You love to pretend now. You'll say lets go for a drive, I tell you we can't for some reason, and you say lets pretend. So we pretend to sit in a car and drive. Sometimes I'm the driver and sometimes you are. Sometimes we play out scenes that we have just done in life, like going grocery shopping and other times we are firemen going to put out a fire. Sometimes I'm the boy and you are the dad, other times I'm the dad. All of this thrills me. Anyone who has ever seen me play with kids, knows about my imagination and I'm glad to see it has worn off on you.



Along with pretending we also make up stories. Again my crazy imaginiation started this. I made up stories about Torin and beef soup. Then it led to the famous story about Darryl and the chocolate milk. The other one we often tell is about Petey my bird when I was a kid. You have started to tell stories as well. About castles and motorcycles. They usually involve someone you know and they kind of make sense, but I love the start and ending. Once upon a time and the end.



One of your other favorite things to do is play the rhyming game. I saw it on a Sesame Street commercial and so we started to play it. You say a word and we then say a word that rhymes with it. You know your alphabet so well that I thought this would be a good next step. Usually it's Daddy or I who are doing the rhyming and you laughing at our silliness, but you are starting to do the rhyming as well. You love to laugh at whatever we come up with whether it's a real word or a made up one.

This month has also included a lot of family time. Every night for the past week you have asked if we can talk to Grammie on the computer. Everytime we pretend that we are going on a WestJet we are flying to see Aunt Lori. I gave you a new pair of shoes the other day and you claimed they were from Auntie Lexie. Auntie Karen came over to meet the new baby and you played with her for hours and hours. For days afterwards you talked about her coming over again. We had lots of family here for Easter weekend and you really enjoyed all of the attention from everyone.



Having Nathan around has really changed things for us. I miss you and I look forward to him becoming a little more independant so we can both play with you more. You have been really good with him. I can tell you love him already and you don't complain if we have to go home to feed Nathan or if I have to stop playing something so I can feed Nathan. As I go through this hard time of having a newborn I go into your room everynight to make sure you are covered and give you a kiss. I usually shed a few tears, becuase I know that this hard newborn time with your brother will be all worth it. You are my light at the end of the tunnel. I know that everything will be good, you've shown me that.



love mommy.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Sweet sweet letter, Jenn. Brought tears to my eyes because the change is so huge when you add the second. I can remember.

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Daryl is a great dad and I think its normal to spend more time with the baby than a toddler.

Lucas will always be your eldest and youll get loads of firsts with him. As your baby grows you will think wow I remember when Lucas did this or that

And Jenn even though it feels like you are spending all your time with the baby you are a great mum and continue to give Lucas what he needs. You are a wonderful mum and as the days go by if you can at least spend a little time with your big boy all will be well

Lucas is lovely with Nathan

blessings love and hugs to you all
posted by Jenn at 4:15 PM

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post Jenn and great pictures. You bring tears to my eyes.
Love from
Grammy