Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Few Observations....

I'm heading for a nap, as they say you should nap when your baby does, but I wanted to record a couple of observations from the last couple of days:

  • Doing things with a newborn is very different then doing things with a two year old. Diapers are much easier to change on a 2 year old then a newborn.
  • Breastfeeding is much harder then I remember. I'm sure it will get easier as we get better at it
  • My bladder can get so full now. I never feel like I have to go pee, becuase there is so much more room in there then it's use to
  • Newborns are beautiful, they have the cutest expressions, it has been great to fall in love with a new little person again. There is an attachment to pregnancy but I do really love this person now that he's out.
  • Lucas is adjusting fairly well to the new baby. But he is having his growing pains like all of us. We are scolding him more for being gentle with the baby, but maybe more attention from Daddy is making up for it.
  • Wine tastes much better then I remember
  • Thank god for help. To Tammy, Darryl, Lesley and my mom your help has been amazing. I am so grateful for all that you do
I think that is all for now. Heading up for my nap.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Thanks for the insights - I still remember the awesome feeling of falling in love with each of my boys.

Definitely nap when Nathan naps - hopefully Lucas, Nathan and you can have some afternoon naps at the same time :o)

We reallllllllly missed Lucas this week and were sooooooooooooo happy to see him today!

Elliot would not/could not leave Lucas alone for any length of time. They had a great time playing with all of this snow! Un-freaking-believable how much snow there was but that's a whole other story...

Take care!

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

pleased everything is going well
have a nice rest
jen

Allie said...

You have written that so well, that I am all teary eyed here in memories.

What an incredible time for you and your family right now. I am so exited for you all!!

Glad to hear that all is well. I have been thinking about you a lot of late.

sari said...

I had to laugh - I had such problems while I was pregnant because I had to go to the bathroom so much and after the baby was born I felt like i could go the whole day!

I had a period of soreness this time while trying to nurse, but it does get better. Keep at it to make sure he's latched on right, that's the most important part!