Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pause

This weekend Nathan got sick. It started on Friday with a fever and lots of sleeping and developed into throwing up all through Friday night. Saturday he got better, but still had a fever and was quite snugly. Both on Friday night and Saturday night, Darryl slept in the spare room while Nathan slept with me. It wasn't a weekend where we had lots planned, but anything I did have planned or did want to get done got put on the back burner. Shopping is left to next weekend, and getting rid of some baby toys. Our dinner party was delayed and the bathrooms are still a mess. But it was a nice weekend to remember what is the most important in life. Being with the kids. Making sure they are happy and healthy. Listening to the sounds of him breathing in and out, even while he is sick is so peaceful. Snuggling with him on the couch while we watch movies and he laughs at the funny parts makes me smile. In this busy world, a world I make very busy, it is nice to be forced to slow down.

Till next time

Jenn

2 comments:

Deena Marie Fusco said...

Strongly agree...its my new years resolution to stop and smell the roses, before bed and in the night when i feed my babe, she is swaddled and i put her over my shoulder she lays her head on me and i burp her i stay there for a few extra minutes and take it all in...even with spit up running down my chest :)

Goofball said...

everybody seems to be struggling with sick kids or is fighting bugs themeselves.

Taking a slower pace can be so nice. Unfortunately sometimes we need to be ill first in order to do so. Enjoy the rest of your week!