Saturday, January 08, 2011

What Happens to a Blogger

I, like many of my favourite bloggers, have not been posting as much as usual. My signoff, till tomorrow is not realistic anymore. I've been thinking about why that is, has blogging run it course for me or is it something else. But I still enjoy blogging and I love having a record of .... life. I think the lack of blogging is probably a bunch of things. First off things with the kids don't seem to be constantly changing. I think with babies things change so quickly that there is always things to document. Now that the boys are 2 and 5, things stay pretty similar, Lucas still loves Star Wars and school and Nathan's potty training was the big news for him. Another reason for the lack of blogging is the lack of struggles with them. With babies it's hard to figure them out so it's nice to write it down to get feedback or to use writing to try and solve it.

Although life isn't changing very much, that is great. Life is great and I'm glad it's not changing all the time. The boys are at a fantastic age where they are fun and funny. I love to be with them and we do lots of fun things together.

So although the blogging hasn't been, and won't be as frequent as what it was when the boys were babies, I am still going to make a conscious effort to document the good and fun things we do. Partly to keep the few readers I still have updated, but also for myself so that I can look back and see what happened.

Till Next Time

Jenn

5 comments:

Goofball said...

I'm glad you don't quit!

I don't have children, but still find plenty inspiration to journal my life and what's on my mind and to log it for myself and anyone who is interested. And I love to follow what's happening in your family :)

Take care

Lori Aitken said...

After guest-blogging with you a few times, I was floored to discover how much time, thought and energy goes into blogging.

You needn't ever feel like you should explain to the "blogosphere" why you are or are not blogging. Blogging shouldn't be a responsibility. Each time you publish a post, it's a little gift to yourself, to your hubby and your kids and last on the list should always be the rest of us in the "blogosphere" (as Dooce.com calls it). We are privileged to share your thoughts, your questions, your pictures, your successes or losses and your joy or your struggles if or when you choose to share them with us...but you're never obligated.

So maybe instead of "until tomorrow" you could go with "until next time"...

...and we'll wait eagerly but patiently until then!

Love ya!
Lori

beth - total mom haircut said...

Oh my goodness! Ditto, ditto and ditto. They're 3 and 5. I've been thinking in the back of my mind that my lack of blogging has very much to do with age as well. I'm with you. DITTO.

Unknown said...

I love reading your blogs and seeing the great photos/vids you take...now this may sound kind of corny, but you're producing a priceless treasure, bit by bit with each entry, for yourself and Darryl, your sons, everyone who loves you now and even the people who will love you in the future! I will tell you this, I whole -heartedly, unabashedly admire your efforts. Write on!

Love Auntie Karen

Anonymous said...

I, too, love to read the blog, but I don't do it every day, as I am not always on the computer every day. It is fun to see that your life is very much like ours was, raising kids, only it is more fun to hear about it.
You and Darryl do such a good job with the boys, and animals, that it is always a treasure to read about it.
I have to agree with Lori, that you should never apologize for not getting to the blog daily. Frankly I am always amazed that you do have the time and energy left at the end of your day to do a blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the peek into your lives and keeping my grandsons aquainted with their grammy and grandad.
I look forward to any tidbits you have time for and whenever you have time. No matter how often!!!! Love, Grammy