Monday, October 18, 2010

Voting Day

Today I was a super proud Calgarian. I went to the polling station and the lines were so long. In some polling stations they have run out of ballots. Everyone is voting! It's great, democracy at it's finest.

For those of you not from Calgary, it is election day today. There is a 3 way tie between 3 candidates. One is someone with lots of experience, but that experience is also hindering him, one is a professor who is a great debater but doesn't have a lot of political experience and the last is a lady who was a broadcaster in Calgary for a long time, but also doesn't have the experience to be mayor. So with 3 good candidates everyone is going out to have there say, and I think it's great.

There is a big part of me who wants to stay up and find out, but we may not know until tomorrow. Good job Calgarians. I'm so glad we live in a country where every citizen has a say.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Goofball said...

is it a mayor election only or also the city council?

Deena Marie Fusco said...

We also tried to stay up to see the results. I was quite suprised with the Win myself, but maybe our community needs some new blood and idea's! We did our share too, we Voted!