Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A New Calgary Find

For the last couple of months we have been picking up my dad at the airport, as he is working a lot out of town. Nathan is loving it because his favourite thing lately is airplanes. When we drive there sometimes it is hard to get in the left turn lane so I have to drive through the lights and turn around at the next intersection. I've realized though that the next intersection is a viewing area to watch airplanes land. There is a nice parking lot with picnic tables where we can sit and watch planes land and take off. It's called the Edward H LaBorde Viewing area. I've looked on the internet and there is not a lot of information about it. But here is a map of where it is.




It is a great spot to watch airplanes if you and your kids enjoy them.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Lori Aitken said...

That's really cool! I bet Nathan never complains when you have to pick someone up at the airport, eh?

Goofball said...

On my daily commute I basically have to drive arround the Brussels airport, passing the start of a runway so there's very often a plane landing above my roof when i pass. There's always people parked alongside the field.

I like that part of my road very much! It never gets boring