Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monthly Newsletter: Month Fifty

Dear Lucas,

This weekend you turn 50 months old, 50 months that sounds so so old. Maybe I should change it to 4 years 2 months. Yeah that sounds better.

This month has been a bit of a challenge for us. Last month I was bragging about what a great kid you were. The first part of the month was great, then you got sick and things went down hill from there. I'm not sure if it's lack of sleep or what but you do not want to cooperate at all. Most things we ask you to do, you fight it. Whether it's cry or kick your feet. Dad and I are resorting to different ways to discipline you. This week we tried to take away swimming lessons as that seemed to be something you really loved, but I'm not sure how effective it is.



On a good note. We went to the doctor and you are growing and learning just fine. Things continue to go well at school (when you are not fighting to go). It is helping you learn and develop. You love the songs and the crafts. It is showing us what a good colorer you are.



You have been saying some really funny things lately. One of your favorite sayings this week is "oh my gosh" We had snow this month as well. You oh my goshed about it all. But you loved the snow. We went out and threw snowballs and made snowmen and had lots of all around fun.



Well Lucas I hope the next months newsletter is better. Back to normal, please start co-operating.

love mommy

1 comment:

Lori Aitken said...

Hey Lucas,
You remind me SO much of your Daddy sometimes. You can be serious but you're sensitive, too. Sounds like you had a bit of a bumpy ride this month but I bet next month will be better. You're such a good kid that these rough patches never last long!
Keep having fun in school and maybe you can tell me all about what you've learned at school so far in a video conference soon.

Love,
Aunt Lori