Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Good Cause

I got an e-mail in my inbox last week. It flattered me and wanted me to post something on my blog. This is not something I usually do. But the more I looked into it I thought it was a good cause. I don't know how many girls read my blog, but if you are a girl, or know a girl and would like a say in a documentary about being a girl. Here is some fun information for you:


Girls will have a chance to share their thoughts on what it means to be a girl in Canada and how they make a positive impact for girls around the world. Over the weekend we were able to tentatively confirm a second public filming event on Wednesday October 21st at Calgary’s Stephens Avenue Mall between 4-6 pm.

Once again I would ask that you share the Because I am a Girl campaign with your friends, family and readers.

If people are unable to attend they can still get involved with the Because I am a Girl campaign by visiting www.becauseiamagirl.ca

Speaking of being a girl, while on Twitter today Jann Arden posted this cool website. It is writing a letter to your 16 year old self. I've read through the first bunch of them and they seem to have a theme: It will be okay or it will get better. If you were to write a letter to your 16 year old self would you say the same? I would. Don't worry 16 year old Jenn, things will get better.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I would write "go to university right away to become a pharmacist, don't waste time pursuing other things", cause then I'd already be done school by now!!