Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Weekend Delight...

This weekend Darryl and Lucas headed off to Ontario becuase Darryl's grandma died. Although sad that we can't see her anymore the nice part was it was her choice and she had a chance to say goodbye to all her loved ones.

So after I left Darryl and Lucas at the airport I came home and was amazed at how much I got done. It's amazing how effective I can be when I put my mind to it (and when there is not a toddler around). Cleaned the house, vacumming, mopping, cleaning up "stuff" and then I took Emma for a walk up on the ridge.


Which made me loved my new house and neighboorhood.

The next day I watched a girly movie and made Tiger Butter.




Although I have been working a lot this last couple of days, I am currently wrapping presents and waiting anxiously for my boys to come home.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

first of all let me say Im so sori about Darryls grandma
wonder how they got on the boys without you
you were busy well done
HUGS
jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/

Lori Aitken said...

First of all, I can't thank you enough for sending both of your boys to us here in Ontario. Although the reason for the visit was sad, having them here was an absolute JOY! I'm sure that right now in heaven, Nannie is bragging to all of her friends and family members there about what an amazingly well behaved, cooperative and charming little boy her 28 month old great-grandson was for 8 hours at the funeral home for visitations and what a precious sight he was sleeping in Darryl's arms at the funeral.
I'm sad to send them back to you today but it was such a wonderful gift to have them both here!

Love,
"Aunt Lori" (as Lucas calls me)

P.S. Could you share that Tiger Butter recipe with the blogosphere? Your husband and son were absolutely shrieking with delight and excitement when they found out that Mommy had made Tiger Butter! So much so that they contemplated hopping on the next flight home because they couldn't wait to have some!

Goofball said...

I am sorry to hear that Darryl's grandma passed away. Those are always tough moments to go through.

But is sure sounds like you've achieved a lot lately!