Thursday, December 06, 2007

Christmas Shopping

Today I got the majority of my Christmas shopping done. Even some stocking stuffers. I do love giving presents so enjoying looking for good presents for everyone. The other part that was good today was it was a Thursday and so the malls and other stores weren't so bad.

I generally don't buy too much for Lucas for Christmas. Santa will bring him a couple of gifts, but everyone else buys him stuff, so I save my spending for kids who need it or other times of the year for Lucas. I do seem to give him gifts most of the year, so I don't really worry about Christmas. The other thing is everything goes on sale after Christmas so I like to wait till then. Let's make Christmas about trees and lights, music and family, good food and cookies. Not presents.

It was a funny experience for me today. I started at Toys R Us and was more concerned about getting a good deal then getting "stuff" whereas by the end I was buying whatever I could find. But I do feel like I got alot of gifts people will really like. Plus I'll make everyone turkey, so they can't complain about that. =)

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Blog said...

I went to Toys R Us for Hanukkah shopping -- I went nuts! But, there are so many good deals there.... :) Good luck with the turkey!

Anonymous said...

sori I havent visited for a while we have moved house

your right often our kids get too much stuff

jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/

sari said...

I went to Toys R Us yesterday (I was buying presents for my mom to give to the boys) and I was shocked - every gift I was able to find was something they actually wanted! I went to Target before that and didn't find one thing they wanted, it was surprising. And the nice thing about when I get their stuff from her, they get what they want and not a bunch of stuff they don't want or need.