Tuesday, December 18, 2007

This is Why I Don't Sleep Naked...

I'm really hoping for the best, but a little nervous for the worst.

One of our new neighbors is a bunch of guys, which doesn't really bother me, but doesn't really excite me either. They all work and their cars are gone before mine in the morning. We have heard there music a couple of times but it is always off before 11pm. So although I'm not excited to have new friends, or playmates for Lucas. I was being optimistic about it, they work and hopefully they won't give us too hard of a time.

Well on Saturday morning I called the police. At around 6am there were a bunch of girls screaming outside there house. We had heard their music in the evening and again at about 1:30 in the morning, but this was the first time and Darryl and I were both able to fall asleep. Anyway 6am, a girl screaming out front about how the guy had broken her finger. Her and her friend were obviously drunk. I yelled, told them to be quiet, we were trying to sleep. Of course the drunk girls were not being rationale and the neighbors were going on about how he didn't break her finger. I told them I didn't care and if they didn't shut up I was calling the police. Well guess what, they weren't quiet and I did call the police. They had called a taxi for the girls and although he was hanging out front the girls were not getting in the taxi. They were just kicking the window, which is now cracked and yelling. A minute or so later the older guy from the house came to try and break up the fight and the girl punched him. He grabbed her arm and she almost fell down the steps. Then the taxi leaves, then the guys shut the door and turn off the outside lights. So there are there two really drunk girls in short dresses walking up the street at 6am in the middle of the winter.

Luckily I did not see or hear about any girls who froze the next day....

I'm sure the cops came soon after that.....

Crap, what did we get ourselves into...

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you poor things I dont like neighbors like that
hope it goes back to being quiet for you
jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/

Goofball said...

oh yuck that is not fun and would make me worry about the future as well. HOpefully it was a one-time thing.

When I still lived in ghent, the couple underneith had a drinking problem and the first year I lived there, they had very loud fights regularly.

I was too afraid to go and complain. I was afraid that their fight would turn against me, that they'd bully me. So I plugged my ears and tried to fall asleep which I usually did after a while. Usually it didn't take extremely long, but I was awake often for an hour or something. one night it went on all the time.

When I started wondering whether I should move, they actually sobered up.

I hope your neighbours will stay more sober as well and that this will soon become a long past memory.