Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sunday Afternoon: Reflections of the week

I've work a lot this week, when I say a lot I mean a lot for me. I ended up picking up two shifts at job number 2 and it was a stressful week at job number one (teaching). So much so that for a while I was wondering how I could find another job. But right now I have a really good balance in my life. If I were to get a new job I would be working more and I don't want to work more. I worked full time this week and it was a lot. To all you moms who work full time all the time, more power to you. But in my usual life I have good balance, I work 4 days a week and one of those days is an evening shift, so I get to be with the kids for most of the day. Darryl is also great about letting me get some "me" time every week too, so I'm lucky. So my life is made up of equal parts of work and family time. I do get to sprinkle some me time in there as well as some relationship time. Sometimes for those hard times at work I need to grin and bear it because it allows me to have balance in the rest of my life.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Goofball said...

yes working full-time with children must be very challenging. Glad your work/private balance works out well generally