Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Well it's 11pm on boxing day and another Christmas has come and gone. Lucas is sleeping here beside me while Darryl is downstairs playing one of his presents. As most people know about me I don't really like Christmas. I find it to be a lot of work and pressure for the rewards, but I was determined to make the month fun and enjoy Christmas this year. The kids are at a fun age and really enjoy all the aspects of Christmas. We did the countdown calendar with all different activites. Lucas really enjoyed most of it and even though it is done he will still often ask what our activity for today is. Some of the best ones were the simplier ones, like make snowflakes or have breakfast for dinner. I think we'll do it again next year.

Lucas did get quite sick on Christmas Eve day. He threw up and slept most of it, so we cancelled our original plans and stayed home and ate pizza. We wrote a thank you letter to Santa (what a nice kid I have) put out the cookies and milk and went to bed. Darryl and I went to bed early as well as we had no idea what time we'd be up in the morning and we had been up late the night before wrapping presents.

Christmas morning came, the boys were up at 7ish and were so excited to see the presents from Santa. Grandma, Pop and Auntie Lexie came over with breakfast and we spent the rest of the morning opening presents. We did some videoconferencing with Darryl's family (who LOVE christmas) and watched the boys open more presents. Then came the playing and the cooking. Later we had our friends and more family over for good food (Darryl is such an excellent cook) and fun. It make me so happy to see our house full of people who all get along and have a fun time with each other. We then played Hedbanz and laughed at the boys who thought everything was a wig. And laughed at each other who found the game harder when it was their turn and the game wasn't all that easy.

Today was filled with sister shopping, tobogganing and more great food.

Although I don't like all the hoopla of Christmas I do enjoy the being together and excuses for that are just fine with me.

Merry Christmas to everyone who reads the blog. I hope yours was also filled with people and good food and fun.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Goofball said...

Christmas filled with people you love, hanging out together with good food and games. It doesn't take anything more but that. Glad you've enjoyed it :)

Jenna said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! I know what you mean...there is a lot of stress associated with it - I find it hard to enjoy it. I think we will have to try the Advent calendar next year, too!