Monday, May 18, 2009

Spring Playlist 2009

Every couple of months I put together a new playlist. This one has been a while coming as I have been listening to the Weakerthans endlessly since the cruise. But to save Darryl's sanity I have put together a new one. Here it is:

  1. Glad Girls - Guided By Voices A great song, got it from How I Met Your Mother. It's a catchy song it will be in your head all night.
  2. I Can't Stop Laughing - The Trews This song and the first one are my favorites on my new playlist. This song is great for dancing to.
  3. Wonderwall - Ryan Adams Remake of the Oasis song, slower
  4. Heartless - The Fray Remake of the Kayne West song, Lesley I think you would like this song
  5. Come On Get Higher (Live) Matt Nathanson- Lori if you like Jason Mraz, you'll probably like Matt as well.
  6. Apology Song The Decemberists - My new favorite Indie band, they are coming to the Calgary Folk Fest.
  7. Through & Through & Through - Joel Plaskett I loved his song Nowhere with you. This is another dancing song.
  8. Sleeping Sickness - City and Colour A great Canadian song. Ian I think you would really like this one.
  9. Romeo and Juliet - The Killers Another remake, but a good one.
  10. Our Retired Explorer (Dines With Michel Foucault In Paris, 1961) - The Weakerthans So this is my newest Weakerthans song, great for clapping and dancing.
  11. Walk On By - Bryan Adams Heard this one at the Junos, it was great.
  12. Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground - Coldplay
  13. Unless It's Kicks - Okkervil River A great song that builds and builds and it's great for groving.
  14. The Rake's Song - The Decemberists. A free song from Starbucks. Who knew they gave a new free song every week. If only I loved one of their beverages.
  15. Long While - Barenaked Ladies. This song will probably come out on their new box set. It is such a FUNNY song.
  16. Tug of War - Carly Rae Jepsen This is my new favorite "radio" song. I don't get most songs from the radio, but this is one of the few of them.
  17. Fifteen - Taylor Swift . This song reminds me of Mackenzie
  18. Use Somebody - Kings Of Leon I know most everyone has heard of this band, but they are new to me and I like them.
Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I think Matt Nathanson is the artist who sings Laid, it's the opening theme to all the American Pie movies. It's so catchy but the lyrics are pretty blunt - definitely not G rated.
I'll have to check out the songs I don't already know.
Tug of War is definitely one of my faves!
I'm still waiting for the "song of summer '09" to be released. I think last year's would have to be Kid Rock All Summer Long.
I'm off to post that boy card asap!

Jenna said...

Thank you for giving me some new songs to check out (a lot these I haven't heard of - I'm so out of the loop)!

Lori Aitken said...

Jenn, I don't know how you find some of this stuff but you always have the BEST playlists! I'll have to give these a try!