Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Under where??

A funny story from this summer I thought I should document so it's in this space forever. 

The last week of the summer we hang out and get ready for school.  We have also had Lucas's friend Elliot over so they can get in some serious playtime before school starts again and they only see each other on the weekends.  That week I need to do a big grocery shop so that we have everything for lunches as we have long since ran out of that stuff.  So I took all three boys to the store, which wasn't bad till the last part when I had to make them walk because of all the groceries I was buying.  So they are hanging of the cart, doing crazy things and generally being 5 and 8 year old boys, who are driving their mom crazy. 

So we get to the till and I try to make a race of getting the stuff on the converyor belt so that we can get the heck out of there.  At one point Lucas grabbed a bag of apples that must have been upside down and apples went EVERYWHERE!  In the surrounding ailes and under other peoples carts.  The lovely 50ish year old lady behind us is trying to help the giggling boys running around trying to gather the apples.  She says "there's one under there"  and point under a display.  "Under where?" I say.  Which makes the boys laugh so hard.  Nathan is doubled over he's laughing so hard.  The lady asks what is so funny.  I say " I said the words under where, which if you are a 8 year old boy you think is hilarious.  She smiled and said, " of course.  It's been a while since I've been around 8 year old boys".

Hope that's a smile for today.

Jenn

2 comments:

Lori Aitken said...

You need to send that story to the Barenaked Ladies...they'll LOOOOOOVE IT!!!

As did I!

Goofball said...

smile indeed