Sunday, July 07, 2013

Books 7 & 8

Oh summertime how you are so good for my reading.  I'm in a stretch of having 4 weeks off and have enjoyed finishing two books.  If I'm lucky I will get a couple more in before back to work. 

First one was BossyPants by Tina Fey.  Super funny book, which is what you would expect from a comdien.  She had a lot of really funny stories to tell about her childhood and starting in Chicago at second city.  Then moving to SNL and 30 Rock.  I was surprised at how much women's rights were part of the book.   If you like to laugh, like Tina Fey or are interested in biographies this one is a good one. 


Next one was The Light Between Oceans.  I would say this is probably one of the best books I've read this year.  I finished it in 2 days.  I was so interested to see what was going to happen to Isabel and baby Lucy.  The premise of the book is a couple lives on a island off of Austraila and they mind the lighthouse on the island.  They are unable to have a baby and then a boat washes up on shore.  The man inside is dead but there is a baby who is alive.  The couple keeps the baby. But it doesn't end well.  Fantastic book...





Till Next Time

Jenn

No comments: