Monday, May 04, 2015

The weekend

Weekends for us are usually pretty busy.  I usually work, there are birthday parties, playdates, chores to be done, homework, yoga etc.  And really I like to stay busy.  But this weekend there was very little of the busyness.  I got to spend 2 days with the three men in my little circle.   Don't get me wrong I love my friends and the kids love their friends, but it felt almost like we were on vacation.  We tried a new restaurant and Lucas ate different food and enjoyed it. We watched movies and introduced the kids to  Pee Wee Herman.  And as Nathan would say "He's just weird".   We went grocery shopping all together as a family (and spent a ton of money). 

We got to revel in each others company with very few other distractions.  And it was great cause I so love my family of four.  And I know these days may be fleeting, so I'm enjoying them so much.  I enjoy that they can do most things for themselves and that they help with groceries and chores.  But they still love to hang out with me and there's not a lot of attitude. 

Sometimes I get distracted by the busyiness of life or being involved in the busyiness of life.  When the most important things are right in front of me.  

What a wonderful world. 

Jenn

No comments: