Thursday, January 01, 2015

Resolutions for 2015

I am a big believer in making new years resolutions.  I don't know that I've done it my entire life, but I love the idea of trying to improve yourself and making goals.  My favourite one was the year I gave up coke for the entire year.  But I find making them on the blog makes me more accountable for them.

Last year I did not do well on my resolutions.  Mostly because they were not specific enough, they were too general.  The other thing I learned this year was that I do well with smaller goals and doing 'monthly' challenges.  Helps me to establish a habit as well.  So this year rather then setting three goals for the year I am planning on setting a goal each month.  I'm not sure what I'm doing for each of the months but here is the ideas for the next couple of months:

Jan: Practice piano for 15 minutes each day
Feb: Only check social media once per day
Mar: Meditate every day
April: Eat at Home Challenge
May: Ab challenge
June: Yoga challenge
July: Take picture with big camera everyday
August:
September: Blog everyday
October:
November:
December:

I am feeling pretty optimistic about it!  Anyone else have any resolutions for 2015?

Jenn

3 comments:

Lori Aitken said...

Oooo!! Those are some GREAT monthly goals. I'm planning to make the most of my self-imposed sabbatical this year so productivity is high on my list. Aside from focusing heavily on improving my musical skills, I also want to read one book each month, start to clear off my craft table by working my way through my mending pile and unfinished knitting projects, work on my arms (so they look great in my wedding dress) and do 20 minutes of yoga each day.

I love your monthly goals and I'll be rethinking my game plan to incorporate some of that. By the way, I'd be happy to join you on several of these monthly challenges, especially abs, yoga and eat at home!

2015 is going to be terrific!
Lori

Elle said...

Happy New Year. Finish what you started and start how you finished.

Elle
@elleleoni

Goofball said...

Good luck with your goals!
I've never made resolutions and I'm very happy about just living my life as I believe I should do at the moment.