Thursday, March 09, 2017

Struggling

These last few months have been pretty challenging for me.  While I mostly post happy and funny things, and if we are being realistic I live a very sweet life, but in reality of my happy and sweet life the last 6 months have been really challenging.  I think last week in frustration I said I'm failing at all aspects in life.  

But struggling with work, struggling with where I fit in and belong.

Struggling with balance.  Working full time is a lot. When do I have time to get things done.

Struggling with what marriage looks like after 2 kids and 15 years of being together.

Struggling with boys who love to do what their dad does, but I'm not always sure how to fit in with them.

Struggling with finding time for myself at the expense of others feelings.

Struggling that in so many environments I don't get to be me.  I'm focused on making a good impression, learning, not stepping on toes.  I miss being me.

Struggling with closing doors on jobs that I have been doing for many years.

Now I know very few people read this, and I don't say this for your pity or comments.  But to record it. Too look back and know life is not all roses and trips and ponies.   Life is the good times and the bad times.  Learning to live with being uncomfortable. Knowing its a period of growth, at least I hope.   Blogging it knowing I can look back in the good times and remember the hard times that made the good times feel so good.

Jenn

2 comments:

Lori Aitken said...

I've been through a handful of significant life changes and someone once told me that it takes time to establish a new normal. For a long time I found that helpful.

The past 5 years from 2012 to now have been a 180 degree change for me. Virtually everything is different in my life and almost all of it is awesome but even after 5 years, it still doesn't feel "normal."

So...I have my own thoughts on the matter now. Life changes constantly and some of those changes can be big, difficult and overwhelming, though they're often exciting and happy at the same time.

"Sometimes, there is no new normal. Sometimes, it's just new."

Hang in there...

Love,
Lori

Goofball said...

All of our blogs probably look happier than reality as it is harder to write about our struggles in all honesty. It makes us so vulnerable online and you don't know who reads along.

I really appreciate honest blogs though, so I appreciate you also log that it's not always as easy. For a reader it also helps to recognise our own struggles and not feel alone in having them.

I hope you find the rest and support you need and that they are not all overwhelming you. Big hug!