Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Proud Mom

We are on March Break this week, so I took the boys to do groceries with me so they could pick out some healthy snacks and some treats. I usually do groceries when they are at school, but thought this would be a good opportunity for me to learn about what they like and spend some time together.  I have taken the boys grocery shopping a lot throughout their lives and they both enjoy it, not as much as video games, but as much as you can enjoy a chore.

Nathan still has the habit of hanging onto the cart, which is something we have to break, cause on a Sunday at superstore, it's important to be narrow through the ailse and the people.  But Lucas likes to 'help' by going and picking things out that are on the list.  It's super helpful!  If I forgot naan bread, he will go back to the bakery and get it.  Then he asked what else he could get.  I was just working on the ailses and Lucas asked if we needed milk.  I said yes and so he went over to the dairy section to pick it out.  When he came back he was carrying two cartons instead of the jug.  I asked why 2 cartons as we usually get the jug.  He replied, becuase it was cheaper.  The cartons were on sale.  I doubt this as milk is almost never on sale. But he said it was and he double checked that it was the same amount, so the cartons were 2L and the jug was 4L.  The cartons were on sale for 1.99 and the jug was 4.59.  We walked over he was correct, the cartons of milk were on sale.

I was so proud.  I love to get a good deal, I love it when things are on sale!  Nathan figured out it saved us .61 cents.

Lucas is often so much like Darryl, but it's always nice to see when he's like me too.  Although as I sit here and listen to the boys playing downstairs and him telling everyone what to do, maybe he's more like me then I thought....



Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Susan said...

Proud Mom means proud grandma too 😀 Botha those boys are pretty smart.!

Lori Aitken said...

I like to think they get a few of those grocery shopping genes from Darryl's side of the family. No one loves grocery shopping as much as I do! (I really should make a business out of it). Please let them know how proud I am of their grocery shopping skills. When taught young, grocery shopping can be a life-long joy instead of a dreaded chore.