Sunday, June 17, 2007

Monthly Newsletter- Month Twenty Two

Dear Lucas,

Today you turn 22 months old. Now when people ask me how old you are I usually say, almost 2. On your monthly birthday you decided to wake up at 5 in the morning. Which made you quite fussy for the rest of the morning. I'm sure the reason you got up so early is because we put you to bed late last night. All those books are right. =) Sleep negates more sleep. Let your kid get over tired and they won't sleep as much. Today is also Father's Day. This morning we made blueberry pancakes for your dad. We took them up to him and you said "Happy Father's Day". It was great. You have such a great dad. But more on that another day.



You are still smart kid. You language is quite advanced for where you should be. You can say mostly anything, today you even said orangatan. Somethings you don't want to say, but more so because we want you to say them rather then you now wanting to say them. The other day your dad and I were talking about how when I was pregnant with you we climbed a "hill" in Tuscany and sat in the same spot that Leonardo Davinci and Michealango and took deep breaths of the air. I think we'll use it as an excuse to go back when we get pregnant again. It's cool becuase you also understand that things will come in the future. So I can rationalize with you more when you are upset and say, well we have to do this thing you don't really want to do, like go to bed, becuase tomorrow we get to go to the pool. You've have also start to "sing" songs. You are more so just speaking them. Like the other day it was "row, row row boat" or "rum, sum". But it's cool that at least you are starting.




This month we went on our first "little family" vacation. It was the greatest. Not that I don't love the vacations with dad's or my family, but it was fun to bond just the three of us. We got to spend tons of time with your dad as well. Plus you were so well behaved throughout. Your dad and I did things on that vacation we wouldn't have normally done. Be went to a bug muesum, and I held all the bugs you didn't want to. It's amazing how I want you to experience everything. I'll even do things I don't normally do just so that you can experience them. The other day we were at Heritage Park and they had a ferris wheel there. Although I'm not a big fan of rides, I wanted you to experience it, so we went on. You did your little not crying, not laughing noise. =)



Going on that trip also made you love airplanes even more. You love it when they fly over and can often tell if it's a WestJet or an Air Canada.



The weather has been quite good this month. We've played in the pool in the yard and spent almost everyday outside. You do love to be outside. You love us pushing you on your tricycle, or going for a walk around the pond. If you want to go for a walk, you'll gladly crawl up into your stroller and say "walk". We've also been biking riding lots lately, you also quite enjoy it.




I have been quite stressed this month. Work has been utterly crazy. Plus we are selling the house so there has been tons of cleaning. With all the craziness I recognize that you are the most important thing to me and I haven't been spending any less time with you. You are the greatest thing in my life. You make me happy when skies are grey. Especially with one of the new phrases you started to say this month "love mommy".



love mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy 22 months Lucas
lovely photos Jenn and I think you are both wonderful parents