Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Red Lips


On Saturday I went to have my hair done before we went out for our anniversary dinner. After having my hair straigtened they did a make up touch up and I asked them to put red lipstick on me to match with a red shirt I was wearing. Afterwards I came home and Lucas was up from his nap. He called Mommy when he first heard the door open and then came to the door a little bit shocked. Who was this lady and what did she do with my mommy?!? I bent down and gave him a kiss on his hand with my red lips. He screamed. He did not like that, so I rubbed it off his hand, but he did not want to get close to me after that. Grandma took him upstairs and again when he saw me he pointed at my lips and said "red". Even today (3 days later) looked at my lips and said "red".

Little did I know that he was sick and that probably had a lot to do with it. He is getting 2 of his four eye teeth right now. He has also developed a cold with this. Life has not been fun around our house (and I think I have part of the cold as well). Thank god for medicine.

He's crying again, I should go. Sorry about being a bad blogger.

Jenn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying he gets better real soon

Anonymous said...

AWww my baby is getting teeth in and hes gets all needy and rubs is face a lot. At least he wasnt saying REDRUM!

Lesley said...

OMG I'm sure I saw you today and thought hmmm...looks like Jenn but with straight hair, it's not her... now I feel really silly!
Hope Lucas is feeling better! Alex has a phlegmy cough right now - sounds so disgusting!

Anonymous said...

No need to ever apologize about a lack of blogging when you're busy taking care of my precious little nephew.

Give him an extra kiss for Auntie Lori and tell him I counting down the number of "sleeps" until you all come to visit.

Lori

Goofball said...

hmm reminds me about our family vacation last summer.

My boyfriend Jan and my nephew Stef are 2 big friends. Jan plays with him endlessly and Stef seems to adore him...except when Jan has recently come out of the shower. Then his hair is still wet and combed backwards and he is not wearing his glasses (yet). He does look quite differently at that moment and there is no way that Stef would have approached that strange man at that moment. When Jan went to play with Stef, the little boy started crying loud and ran away.... until Jan's hair got dry and fluffy and more messy again and until he had his glasses back on.